Upon the release of the Huawei P40 series just this past week, Huawei also launched the upgrade of it’s OS, the EMUI 10.1 which is built right on top of the Android 10 OS (AOSP) while Huawei is trying to cement the HMS to the core of it’s future devices.
The new upgrade features some interesting software specifications which now includes an AI Voic Assistant it called “Celia” and then video app called MeeTime, new themes and also an Improved AoD feature.
The Huawei P40 series will definitely ship with this upgrade out of the box but the version will also be shipped out to other Huawei and Honor smartphones that can run it.
Huawei has now released a list of eligible devices and the schedule for the EMUI 10.1 update. Based on the list, a total of 36 smartphones will be getting the EMUI 10.1 update which includes Honor device though others from the sub brand will only get the Magic UI 3.1.
- Advertisement -
Huawei Devices to get EMUI 10.1
- March 31 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, Mate 20 X 4G, Nova 6, Nova 6 5G, and Nova 6 SE. The MatePad Pro, MediaPad M6 10.8, MediaPad M6 8.4, and MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition will also get a closed beta update starting today.
- Mid-April 2020 (Open Beta) – Huawei P30 and P30 Pro, Mate 30 4G, Mate 30 5G, Mate 30 Pro 4G, Mate 30 Pro 5G, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design.
- April 2020 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Mate 20 X 5G, Mate Xs, Mate X (End of April), Nova 5 Pro (Mid April), Nova 5, Nova 5i Pro, Nova 5z, and Enjoy 10S (late April).
Honor Devices to get EMUI 10.1
- March 31 (Open Beta) – Honor V30, Honor V30 Pro, Honor V20, Magic2, Honor 20, and Honor 20 Pro.
- March 31 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Honor 9x and Honor 9X Pro.
- Early April (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Honor 20S
- Late April 2020 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Honor 20 Lite
So if your own smartphone isn’t part of the list, maybe it’s time you upgrade your Huawei/Honor smartphone to the latest in order to enjoy the latest offerings of the EMUI 10.1 in it’s fullness.