Whatever it’s holding it back, the Android 10 stable release isn’t entirely rolled out yet for everyone using the OnePlus 7 series of smartphone just yet. But this week makes it the second since the roll-out commenced on the OnePlus 7 and 7Pro smartphones.
Concerned customers have reported on an official OnePlus Reddit forum about not getting the Android 10 update and so if you’re part of those people wondering if you’ll ever get the update, be rest assured you will because OnePlus made it known that the process is done phase by phase with the other roll out coming in few days time.
Even after 12 days since the initial announcement/roll-out for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro smartphones, not everyone has gotten theirs yet. But if you’re among the lucky fe that got it, let’s know about your experience in the comment section below.
And speaking about not getting the Android 10 update on the OnePlus 7 series, it’s suggested that there might be a temporal pause or some internal delay-s leading to the public roll-out of the operating system but nothing has been officially confirmed by OnePlus itself.
- Advertisement -
The initial roll-out of the Android 10 by OnePlus came after two Open Beta builds for the OnePlus 7 series. The stable update brings the OxygenOS 10 which is built on top of the Android 10 OS with features like Notification segregation, Wi-Fi sharing, Game space and Smart ambient display.
Below is the complete change log of the OxygenOS 10:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
OnePlus has confirmed that the new Android 10 public beta will be made available for it’s Chinese customers who are using it’s older phones such as the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T while the stable version will be rolled out by November…just a month time.
But as for the much older OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T, the availability of the new Android 10 is expected to be rolled out by the second quarter of 2020 in China.
OxygenOS builds are known for arriving shortly after the release of HydrogenOS builds. However, there is no official confirmation yet on the OxygenOS based Android 10 updates for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 5 series smartphones.