Nearly every Google software receives an update from time to time but sometimes, yours might not and that is why we are putting this post out to help you through the process.
Usually, the Google Chrome update happens at the background of the app which happens whenever there is a connection to the internet. The update is usually applied whenever you refresh your browser by restarting it.
Anyway, whatever is the reason your own Google Chrome had refused to update and the app is already misfiring or prompting you some messages to update as soon as possible, then here is the manual way to get the Chrome browser updated on your computer be it a PC or Mac.
First check for updates
Just like any other application, you need to be sure there is an update before updating. That is why you need to first check for update’s availability in the browser. The step by step to seeing if there is a new update can be done in the following ways…
- Advertisement -
- Near the top right corner of the browser, look at the icon next to your profile photo
- If there are no updates, the icon should look like three dots stacked vertically
- If there are updates pending that have yet to be applied, it will be colored
- Green: This is an update that was released less than 2 days ago
- Orange: This is an update that was released about 4 days ago
- Red: This is an update that was released at least a week ago
Updates available? How to update Chrome browser
- Assuming there’s an update available for download, click the icon next to your profile photo that looks like three dots stacked vertically
- Click Update Google Chrome (this feature won’t be available if you’re on the latest version of Chrome already)
- Click Relaunch and your browser will restart itself and you should be all set
How To Check Which Version Of Chrome You’re Using
If you want to make sure that you have the latest update available:
1 Click the icon next to your profile photo
2 Go to Help > About Google Chrome
3 It will show you the version of Chrome that you’re running and if it’s update to date, it will say so as well.
Meanwhile, it’s very important that you always keep your software updated to enhance security and performance glitches. Most of the times, the reason you might land in hot soup usually in the hands of hackers who steals all your cyber belongings is due to the lack of secured environment. Google Chrome team ensures that the browser is always updated so that you don’t have to deal with threats and issues on your way to the cyberscenes.