Disney Plus is still very new and while it might not yet be mainstream, it’s definitely going to pull in some massive audience as soon as possible because there is a boatload of movies and TV Shows available for subscribers to watch which includes the splendid Avengers Movies as well as the Star Wars TV series and all of those classic Disney movies and shows you’d always dream about.
But the Disney Plus is of course a streaming service which means you need to be actively connected to the internet for you to watch their series and movies but that is not the case entirely because you can in fact download these shows and movies just in case you land in a place where the network connection is terrible.
With so many services nowadays offering original movies and TV Shows, Disney Plus stands out because it offers its catalog of more than 500 original films as well as 7500 episodes of TV Shows available for download. So in case you wonder how to go about that, here is how…
To download a Disney Plus movie or TV Show….
1. First thing is to head to the Google/Apple app stores and download the Disney Plus application for your device and then
- Advertisement -
2. Open the app and sign in to your account or just register for a new account if you don’t have any existing.
3. Now that you’re logged in, select the Title you’d like to watch offline. Do note that the application might not allow you to download movies using your data because by Default, download is under Wi-Fi but that can be changed to mobile data if you want it.
4. Tap the Download icon — it’s shaped like a down-facing arrow.
Your download will start but depending on the speed of your internet and the Wi-Fi, that’s what will determine how quick your download is. Once the ring has fully circled, a checkmark icon replaces the download icon — this means you can start watching the movie offline
How do you find your downloads?
Just like Netflix and YouTube, you can access all your downloads in a single place so you can start watching them right offline without an internet connection on your smartphone. In order to locate the downloaded Movies and TV Shows of your Disney Plus, do the following…
1. Right within the Disney Plus app, select the Download icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. From there, you’ll see everything you’ve downloaded. Disney doesn’t apply an artificial limit to how much you download. You can download as many titles as your phone’s storage space will allow so enjoy while it lasts.
What if you want to Delete your Downloads?
If you’re like me, you might not like watching movies or those hour-long TV Shows over and over again which means you might want to free up some space for other movies. But whatever your reason may be, you can delete your Downloaded Disney Plus Movies and TV Shows. Here is how to do that….
1. Open the app and select the Download icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Find the movie you want to delete and tap the Checkmark icon, located to the right of the title.
3. Select Remove Download.
Meanwhile, if you’re done deleting a movie/show, you’ll have to re-download it again if somehow you changed your mind that you want it back on your local storage…so be sure before deleting.