OnePlus is reportedly releasing it’s OxygenOS Open Beta 16/6 for older OnePlus 7/7T smartphones worldwide which should be a good news if you’re on one of those devices. The new update will bring on the July security patch as well as some fixes to the device’s display as well as enhance the capacity and speed of the device in many ways.
Also, the update will bring on the adaptive brightness algorithm which will essentially make the backlight brightness softer and good for the eye especially when you’re starring at your device in a darkened environment. The update also fixes the automatic pull-down issue with the unlock screen in ambient display.
There is also two new tiles to the clock applications which includes the “Lap Time” and “Split Time” which works for stopwatch in order to further enhance the user interface. Lastly, apart from fixing some issues in Messages and Launcher, the new update also adds “Moments” section in Game Space to quickly access snapshots and screen recording.
Here’s the official changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 16/6 for OnePlus 7/7T series
- Advertisement -
- Optimized adaptive brightness curve. The backlight brightness softer, improving user experience
- Fixed the issue that double tap could not wake up the screen in some settings
- Fixed the automatic pull-down issue with unlock screen in ambient display
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.07
- Newly added “Lap time” and “Split time” title for Stopwatch, the interface looking more clear-cut
- Game Space
- Newly added Moments to store gaming snapshots and screen recordings, please go to three-dot menu at upper right corner>Moments>Recent/Games to find them
- Fixed the bug of unable to receive wireless alarm notifications within a short time despite repetitious trials
- Fixed the abnormal color display at the top area and button of Notes
As usual, if you are using the OnePlus 7 and 7T, you just head to the Android Settings app and then check for the software update to see if you’ve received the prompt to update to the Beta upgrade. Although you might calm a bit till you get the stable release of the update.