Since the beginning of this year, the WHO had been clamoring for an aggressive measure to flatten the growing case of the Coronavirus disease which originated from Wuhan, China last year and as a matter of fact, declaration of the state of emergency and total lockdown of streets and communities is the new way to go about it and as such, no more gym, cinemas, clubs, bars and concerts at least for the next couple of weeks until the curve is flattened out.
But then we all know that the social distancing and self quarantine isn’t fun at all especially having to get isolated from your loved ones for a really long time.
But there are ways by which you can still spend quality times with your loved ones online without having to physically meet with them and that’s where sharing time with them on Netflix Party comes in as it only require you get a free plugin for your Google Chrome browser and you’re set.
This extension is developed to enable you stay close to your loved ones while you guys stream simultaneously shows and movies directly from your PC. Thereby anyone can be invited to join the party with the privilege of Pausing, Playing, Fast forward or Rewind the videos being played so everyone is alwys on the same frame at the same time…How nice!
Apart from being able to binge watch movies and shows together at the same time irrespective of how far you are from one another, you can also chat using the side bar where everyone in the Netflix Party can discuss about the movie assuming you’re the type that loves to talk during movie sessions.
Although the number of people who can join the Netflix Party isn’t yet known but this will ultimately ease the stress of being alone in a house or being too far away from your loved ones wit this technology. But there is a way to go about the process to ensure keeping close to your buddies during this period of isolation.
Invitees must have a Netflix account
For this to work out, everyone that you send an invite needs to have a Netflix account and well, Netflix is offering a 3- days free trial for new subscribers so it’s not going to be a bad idea better still. Also, if they’ve had their accounts abandoned for so long, they can reactivate their accounts for just $9 a month and cancel at any time.
Get the extension for your Chrome browser
When the aforementioned criteria is met, the next thing to do is to get a Netflix Party extension for the Google Chrome browser. Here’s how to go about that.
3. You’ll then get redirected to the Google Chrome web store page where you can download the extension. Afterwards, click on the Add to Chrome.
4. A pop-up box will open. Select Add Extension. You’ll now see a grey NP icon in your browser toolbar.
Start the Netflix Party
After you’re done downloading the extension which auto gets added to your Google Chrome plugin list, then you’re ready to invite people to join the Watch party.
1. Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and log in to your Netflix account.
2. Scroll around and look for a movie you’d like to watch as you’d normally would.
3. You’ll now see that the NP (Netflix Party) icon has changed from grey to red. Click the icon and select Start the party. The system auto makes you the Admin/Host giving you the option to either be the dominos cutting the shots or you can make the controls available to anyone in the party.
4. A link is generated which you just need to copy and then send across to those you you want to invite to the group.
5. The chatroom will appear on the right side of the screen which shows those who have joined the party in real time.
6. And that’s all. So you can discuss how extraordinary John Wick is and how cruel Thanos is..just saying.