Recently, we reported that Samsung was releasing the One UI 3.1 for its Galaxy S20 FE smartphone, the latest new is that the South Korean smartphone maker has started rolling out the new software update in certain regions since Wednesday evening.
The new One UI 3.1 comes with some pretty decent features to tweak up the skin for the current Android 11 for the Galaxy smartphone line-ups. With the update, older devices such as the Galaxy S20 series, Note 20 series and the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip will all be getting the latest software features on the current Galaxy S21 series.
The One UI is basically a tweak of the Android skin to spice the user interface up a bit. The software was initially called the TouchWiz. Samsung isn’t the only company that does this because your favorite Android smartphone maker probably do it too – Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo etc.
The new One UI 3.1 comes with some newer features which might not be new to those who have already upgraded to the current Galaxy S21 series but for those who haven’t, below are some features you can expect from the new software update.
- Enhanced single take: The Single Take feature for the device’s camera that let you capture a number of pictures and video clips by merely clicking on the shutter button just once.
- Object eraser: This feature is a photo editing tool which let you cut unwanted parts of your photo without manual editing pretty nice isn’t it?
- Multi-mic recording: Record audio through both your phone and a connected Bluetooth device at the same time, for better quality audio and video – great for vloggers and content creators alike.
- Eye comfort shield: Blue light is bad for the eye and the new feature auto-adjust blue light that is being emitted by your smartphone based on the time of the day. You can enable it from your Quick Settings panel. It’s petty similar to the Huawei’s eye care.
- Private Share: This feature lets you share encrypted files and set permission and expiration dates for the data, as well as grant read-only access.
That and some other cool software tweaks with latest security patches are all on with the new update. Remember to check for the update by heading to your Settings app and then About phone > software update to see if your region is part of those receiving the One UI 3.1 yet else, just hold on and you should be notified in a few days time.