Since late the 20th century, there have being in existence blogs which have now eventually turn out to being large companies on their own. Depending on what you aim to create, it can so be achieved.
Starting a profitable blog is a very daunting task. Its daunting because even many have given up blogging because they realise the effort put through aren’t getting reaped back. That can be a serious frustration especially for those aspiring to start making their living on their blogs.
Blogs have taken over the way we now share and get information. You can simply learn many things online and thanks to blogs those became possible.
But knowing how many of them exists on the internet is a very important one. This is where many factors that hinders making money online as a blogger comes in.
Well then, you might have to reseat your thoughts and understand how things are going to be for you on the long term especially. If you’re already working and considering leaving your job to start as a full-time blogger such as Yaro Starak, Neil Patel, you might just have to stop and think about it.
Think about if your dream can really come through and think about how you can actually make a living as a blogger. Most bloggers usually have to wait for months if not years before they can start making a very huge livelihood on their blog.
Even in continent, big names had to strive hard for a particular period of time before they eventually broke the broke bank barrier and then turned their hobby to their job.
You can also achieve that if you’re determined but yet, you need to understand some realistic facts such as;
1. You can’t become an overnight billionaire as a blogger : If your main goal is to become a billionaire, you might have to cool Dow and go through other channels such as creating another special platform that can be acquired by Google or Facebook for Billions of dollar. But blogging, its not gonna happen just like that. It takes a pretty long time to break into the large audience and steering it.
2. You need to understand how things work in the blogosphere: This is an essential part of blogging success. Failure to know how things workout is a failure in every ways.
Many bloggers especially newcomers have failed in this manner because they simply don’t know how things work. They think that putting down few lines will then start gushing in cash just like that? Never gonna happen.
3. You need to be unique in every ways: The reason why Twitter and Facebook can both coexist without hindering one another is because each stand for something different.
Yeah! To create something people can reckon with, you need to stand for something. Something unique and incredible.
Doing that, you can further get to have more views about where your dream as a profitable blogger is leading.
4. You can’t just become a blogger: Yeah! I’m not the admission committee member but truth be told, not everyone who has access to the internet and a old Dell PC can just pick up blogging as a job and believe that his money would start growing like a grass.
There are some criteria which you must fill. You must be a passionate writer who thinks on nothing more than writing; And awesome things anyway. Failure to discover what your real power is is a total waste of time.
I’m being frank here because the truth needs to be told. Aside using these services for free, one way or the other, you’re gonna be buying something eventually.
Okay…do you know what time it takes to actually produce just one single and viral blog post? It takes eternity.
That said, you must understand what conditions need to be met before you can so call yourself a blogger because of what It really takes.
If you can pass all those facts above then you can surely make a living as a blogger. You can quit your day job and work hard. You can even quit your education and focus on blogging instead so far you know what you’re really dealing with.
Before you can start making a living as a blogger, you must add value. You must also become someone to reckon with throughout your industry. But that’s not the big deal here.
The big deal here is there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of blogs on the internet. Each of which is trying to become something to reckon with but very few as in 10% usually make it to the large audience while the remaining 90% die on the way.
This is only possible because of their speciality and industrial diversion which they’ve created for themselves. Believe me, you can’t create an exact Facebook match again and expect it to work out. because Facebook already is known. So, you can’t start making a living as a blogger if you’re not diversified.
To become a go to person in the large multitude, you need to become something different first. And to be different, you need to start by first identifying where your strength and weakness lies.
1. Your strength and Weakness: This is a very important factor to first consider. You can’t just take on the entire duty of CNN or Aljazeera. You need to understand where your true strength is and the capitalise on that.
2. Add values: This is another important factor which can only make you a successful blogger that can make money blogging. The values you add to people’s lives will help you on the long term.
3. Get the scope of monetization: Not just your articles will fetch you money but the values in your articles will. And those values won’t fetch you money but the scope of monetization.
You need to understand how you can make things work out for you. You need to carve out a means to suppress those barriers and then conquer your greatest fears…monetization.
4. Know your target: Your target audience is very essential to your success. There are 7Billion plus people on earth and even Facebook or Google can’t capture that entire number.
In one word, you can’t buy the entire market. You just need a certain group of people to target and then convert them to loyalists which is where adding values comes into play.
5. Being efficient: You need that too. You need to be the all doing of your blog since you’re the only boss and the employee there. You need to make things work out for you and by you alone.
This way, your success in the blogging world can become a reality and you can make a living on your blog.
6. Niche out: Since you can’t talk about everything on earth, you need to only talk about those things you’re not only passionate about but you can speak about anywhere anytime.
Your audience will depend on your niche. How big your audience will be depends on your niche. How cool they will be with you depends on how valuable you are to your niche and understand that you’re never the first in the league anyway.
- Read More: 10 CMSs that rivals WordPress?
How do you start a profitable Blog?
To start a profitable blog, you need to start adding values and capitalising on your strength and skill set. But that’s just the fundamental.
The foundation to everything matters before success can work out. Ones you understand your strength and weakness, then you can start making money and live a comfortable live while depending solely on your blog. This part will be divided into two.
The first I will call the Prefix of starting a profitable blog while the other is the suffix.
For that let’s consider the prefixes first.
1. You need a blog: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla whichever is your choice. WordPress is highly used and that makes it a true blogging tool.
If you’re a noob, you can simply find how to install a WordPress software for blogging. But before that, you need a very reliable web hosting company that can host your blog for you.
Dreamhost, Bbluehost, Hostgator, Siteorigin etc are alright with their Shared Hosting plan of 25% off.
2. Learn simple SEO skills: This will be very useful to you. Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, Ask etc are all search engines which people utilise to get information online.
Do note that these software are well bombarded with billions of requests and millions of blogs trying to rank high. You need to understand how those things work and leverage your skills.
3. Start socializing: Before anything, you should get out to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, Digg etc. If you’re a nerd who don’t socialise, you might need a social friend to do that for you because those networks are where billions of people meet to seek new things on daily basis.
You need a Facebook page and account on all other social media and networking websites. Add friends and follow people to create a large circle of followership for your profitable blog.
4. Write incredibly: This is where your power comes into play. You’re smart and knowledgeable about your topics right? Then you need to write extremely band powerfully motivating post articles which can convert anyone to a regular member of your new blog.
This are the fundamentals of profitable blogs. Without knowing this works, it might be difficult for you to understand how to make a living as a blogger.
Therefore, the values I mentioned above can now be useful as its part of your skill set. If you’re a tutor, make sure you write in such a way that people will click on your post to read it.
But they can’t click if your heading isn’t attractive. You can use websites such as Yahoo news to see how topic headlines are carved out. This are parts of what will help you on the long term.
5. Be consistent: Daily or weekly, you need to be blogging as regularly as possible. If you work, you can set out a particular time when you’re to blog. This can vary depending in your audience.
But understand who your audience really is. That is what will help you while thinking about what to write and how to write or when to write it . So be consistent and be regular.
This are the real truth that has helped bloggers such as Darren Rowse to make a comfortable living as a blogger.
6. Convert your traffic: When people start gushing into your blog, you must convert them to your customers. You’re like selling to them a service and they’ve gotta pay for that.
So for that to happen, you need to start an email campaign. Set up an email campaign system on your blog either through pop outs which converts well or using widgets.
Neil Patel was able to increase his traffic conversion by setting up an email campaign. This is especially useful for sales promotion and other important factors that has to do with monetizing your blog.
And the Suffixes are as follow: This part deals with the exact ways to monetize your blog so as to make huge profits from it. But do understand that the same thing doesn’t just work for everyone.
So you need to follow these guides with total knowledge and understanding. Your wisdom about it will determine how successful you can make your blog.
1. Apply for third party Ads campaign networks: Google AdSense, Yahoo Media.net etc are all online ads network you can join for a CPC campaign. Google Adsense is widely used and the most popular of them all.
Aside paying good, they’re reliable. The explanation behind this is that these advertisement networks collect advertisers from around the world on their network and then share their banners to your blog.
Now each time your audience Click or make purchases using those banners, Advertisers pay the ads network and then the Ads network gives you your share. Google AdSense pay out 60% for example.
Others are quite lesser than that. So to make a profitable blogging profession, you need to monetize your blog using any of these networks.
Advantages of monetizing your blog with third party ads network:
- You don’t need to look around for advertisers as the network already consist of advertisers all around the world.
- There is no delay in payout as you earn your money regularly. The network is also transparent and so you can see analysis of yow your users interact with your ads banners.
- It’s very easy as the entire process of application is straightforward and earning is van easier.
- CPCs, CPMs, etc are all parts of what determines your payment. And also, you don’t need to care whether there is a good rapport with the network and the advertisers as their pulling out doesn’t affect you since there are multiple others using the network.
- You’re on the safe side of everything.
The disadvantages of using third party ads network.
- They have extremely strict rules which can be totally daunting.
- Signing up is east but application’s acceptance takes long before they can get it approved.
- The network sets up the rules you must follow before they can approve you.
- They tend to control how and what you should or shouldn’t do which can be very bad for your aspiration.
- They can terminate their agreement with you even with the slightest mistake from you while your campaign is on and your money can be liquidated.
Generally speaking, there are ups and downs of these types of networks and the better you understand how they can influence your profit, the better you can abstain from making mistakes which can affect your attempts to monetize your new blog.
2. Join Affiliate programs: Affiliate programs are very good ways of making money on new blogs or existing blogs. This is a rather simpler approach.
With existing networks such as Clickbank, Amazon etc that already exists, there is no limit to how far you can go in making money as a blogger. All you need to do is sign up for an account and then start making money as an affiliate each time you make sales.
Affiliate marketing programs works by the number of referral traffics and sales your audiences are able to make on those networks. Some networks offers 50% – 70% share of each sales and that’s good as a profit.
With that said, you need to add values to your audiences before they can trust you enough to make purchases using your affiliate links.
This means of monetization is very good for blogs with low to high traffic but the most important is consistent members which is why building email campaign is very essential.
Advantages of affiliate programs
- You’re allowed to be an affiliate because each companies are trying to only make sales so they simply allow anyone to join the program.
- There is no limit to how much you can make. Combining a huge number of high paying companies on your blog will earn you huge at the end of the month.
- Most affiliates sells goods and services. So they can be useful to your audience so far its within your niche and that can in turn be a nice cashflow to your bank account regularly.
Disadvantages of using affiliate programs
- Unlike Ads campaign programs where CPC or CPMs are means of paying ads publishers, affiliates only get paid when they make sales. So if your user only click your ads banner or link but doesn’t make purchases after a certain period of time, then you’re not getting paid.
- Its always difficult to find which is better as the competition is extremely huge because anybody can apply.
Affiliate programs despite being a huge profit making style of making money on a blog still has IT’s own downside. Many bloggers supports this as their favorite means of monetization while other prefers Google’s Adsense.
3. Direct Ads campaign: This is another method. This works by creating your own ads campaign by yourself and placing those ads banners on your blog.
You just need advertisers that trusts you enough to want to partner up with you as a business associate. This will therefore be a good approach to making it as a blogger.
Advantages of direct ads campaign
- You own the rules and advertisers follow those rules to use your blog for their banner placement.
- You own 100% of the profit you make and shares nothing with nobody. So you don’t have to fear sharing a % with a third party institute.
- You can do what you like with those ads banners.
- Unlike Google’s AdSense rules, your website can be of any type.
Disadvantages of direct ads campaign
- To get an advertiser can take forever
- The relationship between you and your advertisers can get strained any time.
- There are terms and conditions you might need to risk before getting those ads deals with your advertisers.
- If they’re not making enough profit, they can quit your blog which can in turn hurt your profit chances.
Although nothing with advantages that doesn’t have its other side. This is the case with the direct ads banners. Although this is a very good means of monetizing your blog for profit, it can be a daunting task that can be distracting.
4. Sell Your products and services: This time around, you need to create something that you can actually sell. It can be an expertise which you feel people needs.
Example is GirlsChase.com’s founder Chase Amante whose expertise is helping single male get a relationship they deserve. He can be consulted for dating advises and more.
You can also capitalise on your own skills. If you’re a good writer, you can write for others and get paid as a freelancer.
You can sell your books or create a premium-members-only version of your blog Which will in turn fetch you income. If you’re a web developer, you know how you can make money by creating websites and or doing website maintenances for big firms.
App development and software development etc. All depends on got level of expertise. Your blog should just be like the other part of where you tell people about those things so as to make a big impacts in their lives.
Advantages of selling your own products and services:
- You own your products and you make your profits for yourself in 100% completion.
- You influence your audiences with your amazing blog and so create a good relationship with them through your products.
- You become a go to person in your industry because you offer values people won’t even mind if they are to pay for it but so far its changing their lives positively.
Disadvantages of selling your own products and services:
- You can strain your relationship with your audience if you make bad products after good ones.
- Convincing people to buy your product might not be a very easy task as you can’t force them. You need to convince them.
- Members can terminate their membership or stop a purchased product and request for a refund
As it is, this is the most profitable method but the most tasking method of monetizing a blog. The problem with this type is that you need to have had a good form of relationship with your audience before such rapport can be realistic.
In new blogs, you need to first build a good relationship with your audience before thinking about using this method of monetization on your blog.
Although there is no age your blog should reach before thinking about selling membership or products. The mist important is the relationship between you and your audience.
With all these, there is no limit to how much profit you can make on your blog. But understanding how you can make those profits is a very important factor that will determine how far your monetization system can go and this is where professional bloggers are more smarter than the newcomers.
You too can become a big time blogger with a fat account. You can drive a Lamborghini Huracan or Koenigsegg Agera R while you blog full time.
The truth is that it takes time and it takes skills and that is what will determine your luck.
Either way, the direct answer to those seeking to start a profitable blog is that the possibilities are unlimited and really that’s just a reality but do understand what it takes and you will profit from it.
It’s your turn to think about what will work out for you. Your mindset is what will determine how successful you will be as a blogger and knowing what you really want and pursuing it with total commitment is the key to blogging success.
I will simply advise you never to back down or look back while thinking about how far you can and want to go in the blogging world.
You only need to know the basics and capitalise solely on your expertise which will in turn favor all your aspiration as you dive into the large ocean of blogging. That’s OKAY for now.