Due to the nature of my job, I sometimes need to keep up with other time zones across the globe which is very important but there are ways to go about this.
I can just purchase a bunch of wall clock in my home and then set them to different time zones and label them respectively or download a widget for that on my smartphone or on my desktop computer both of which will take extra space on my smartphone/PC’s real estate and storage space but I really don’t want that.
But how about just using in-built feature within my computer? That way, I can get two time zones without needing to go through that stress since I work most times on my computer, I won’t have to always stare at my smartphone every time.
The feature is built within Windows OS and its possible to configure two additional time zones along with your primary time zone with this, you can get three time zones by merely hovering on the clock on the system tray by the right bottom corner on your screen depending on where you have the tool bar placed.
- Advertisement -
So in this short guide, I’ll explain how I was able to achieve this different time zones on my Windows 10 PC which allow me to easily get different time Ones without downloading an extra app or widget on my computer.
How to add multiple time zones in Windows 10
The process is quite simple and the first place to head over to is the Settings application where you can basically modify everything about your Windows 10 operating system with ease.
- Open the Settings Application
- Then click on Time & Language
- Next is to find the Add Clocks For Different Time Zones button link which will open a new window.
- The next step is to click on the “Additional Clocks” tab and then check Show this clock which will enable Clock 1.
- Next is to select the time zone from a long list of drop-down menu and then type a descriptive name for the clock (US & Canada Time or West African Time Zone)
- To activate the second custom time zone, just repeat the steps from number 4, 5 and 6 to enable Clock 2.
- Next is to click on Apply button and then click on Ok button to complete the task which closes the window.
After completing the steps, you can hover over or click the clock in the system tray to view the additional clocks.
Add up more than two time zones in Windows 10
The above steps is just the basic I need to get multiple time zones on my Windows PC however, you might want more than just three time zones. So if you want more than just three time zones, it can be achieved through Alarms & Clock apps on the Windows 10. So if you’re still behind, this might be the right time to upgrade to the current Windows 10 OS first.
To keep track of more time zones, do the following:
- First thing is to open the Alarm & Clock application
- Then click on World Clock
- And on the bottom-right corner, just click on the + button;
- Then head over to the top-left corner where you’ll find a search box, then just type in the location you want to see its time and then click on the result to add it up to the map to complete the task.
That is all there is to be done however, you might not be okay with the fact that you’ll always be required to open the application just to see the time zones but one way to fix this problem is to make it a widget. Here is how to do that;
Right-click the time zone in the map, select Pin to Start and just like that, you can have your multiple time zones on your computer unlimited.