Previously, I wrote about the same topic but for Android users. The same applies to iPhone users who want to simply make use of their favorite songs as their alarm ringtone.
This is an interesting thing to do because you can now be woken up by the song you love so much rather than the annoying alarm beeps that many often find annoying.
But anyway, the process is as simple as heading over to the clock app on your iPhone and then creating a new alarm or just modifying the existing one in order to achieve what it is you want to. Below is a comprehensive step on how to achieve just that.
In fact, you can make use of tracks from Spotify or adjust a song using Garageband to the exact part that you’d like to be your alarm ringtone on your iPhone. Either way, the possibility is endless which is one of the interesting perks of using an iPhone in the first place. But without any further ado, here’s how to really turn your favorite song into an alarm ringtone on your iPhone.
How to Set a Song as an Alarm on an iPhone
1. The first thing to do is to locate the Clock application on your device by going through the list of apps or just tell Siri to open the “Clock” app.
2. The next thing is to locate the “Alarm” tab at the bottom navigation area – located among the likes of World Clock, Stopwatch, and Timer.
3. Then from the “Alarm” screen, you can see a list of all your alarms and you can either create a new one by clicking on the “+” sign or just modify an existing one. However, the process is the same for changing the ringtone to a song. And if you have decided to create a new Alarm, click on the “+” sign to proceed.
4. You’ll be presented with the Alarm configuration interface where you can set up things such as the Alarm time, frequency, Alarm Label, and of course, Alarm “Sound”.
5. When you click on “Sound”, you’ll be presented with the interface to make the necessary changes such as “Vibration”, “Songs“, and “Ringtones”.
6. In the “Songs” section, click on “Pick a song” to proceed.
7. Next, you’ll see the Music application’s interface. Click on “Songs” from the library
8. Scroll through your list of songs and when you find the one you want to use as your Alarm sound, just tap on it.
And that’s it. Just like that, when next your alarm time is up, you should be able to hear the song that you selected.
Do note that if you’ve selected a song from the Apple Music’s library, the song will be designated as your new alarm’s ringtone however, it will not play the song unless it’s been downloaded locally on your device. In order to do this, just visit the “Music” app on your iPhone and follow these short steps to download a song onto your device.
- Open the Apple Music app and go to the Songs in the Library tab
- Look up the designed song and then tap the horizontally aligned “…” menu to open the song’s option.
- Next, click on the “Download” option to get the song locally downloaded on your device.
That’s all it takes to turn a song into an alarm ringtone on your iPhone. There are also other methods by which you can achieve this apart from using the Apple Music library. Other options include the usage of the popular music service, Spotify.