Spotify is a great music-streaming service that’s been around for quite a while now and unless you live under a rock, you must have at some point heard about the service.
Thanks to better internet connections across the globe which is still a job in progress since over 30% of the global population are said to still be offline. But I digress. The point is many people stream their songs and listen to podcasts via the internet and Spotify is just one of the many popular platforms where such is consumed.
But what if you are like me, someone that works most of the time on their computer and would prefer to just listen to their songs and podcasts directly from their computers while working. That’s exactly what we’re going to figure out together in this post.
The thing is Spotify has in fact heard your complaints and mine and has developed a standalone desktop application. So follow this short guide to have an undiluted experience while streaming your favorite songs and podcasts on Spotify directly on your desktop computer.
- Advertisement -
How to install Spotify on your computer
The steps are pretty simple and straightforward just like any other. All you have to do is head over to Spotify’s official website and from the top section, you should see the “Download” link that can be clicked. The link is dynamic and should take you to the download page for the device you have visited the website with (including your region). Next, do the following:
- From the Download page, click on the “Download” button
- Select a folder that is easier for you to remember and save the “SpotifySetup.exe” file. (Wait until the task is completed)
- Next, open the file by double-tapping on it (if you downloaded it via Chrome), or just head over to the folder where you have downloaded the Spotify setup file and double-tap on it to install the file.
- The installation process shouldn’t take too much time and once it’s done, the application should launch automatically.
Setup Spotify on your computer
After the auto-startup, you should be presented with the signup/login screen where you need to enter your credentials if you already have an account or just sign up for a new one if you’re using the platform for the first time. In case you want to sign up for a new account, do the following
- Click on the “Sign up” button from the page and then
- Enter your email address and enter your favorite password.
- The next field allows you to enter your Name.
- Afterward, just click on the “Continue” button.
After that is completed, you need to proceed to the next page where you can enter more information about yourself (your bio) such as the following:
- Your date of birth
- your gender
Afterward, click “Join Spotify” to proceed or you can just skip all of these processes by just using your Facebook account to sign up and Spotify will collect all the information it needed through your Facebook account.
Also note that Windows Security Alert can pop up and if the action is related to Spotify, you should click “Allow Access” in order for things to work accordingly.
With all that out of the way, you can now make use of the desktop app to listen to songs as it functions just like the mobile version. You can directly search for songs or look up your favorite podcasts (if they’re on Spotify).
You must be logged in to post a comment.