This past week, Apple released the iOS 14 and other software updates which brings on interesting features but it’s possible to jailbreak the new OS and so in this BP-Hack, we’ll explain how to jailbreak both the iOS 14 and iPadOS using Checkm8-based Checkra1n 0.11.0 compatible iPhone and iPad devices.
With the public release of the iOS 14 and the iPadOS 14, you might just be willing to jailbreak it the process can be done without doing too much.
In order to commence the iOS 14 and iPadOS 4 jailbreak process, you need to first back up your data to the iCloud if you have storage space or to iTunes on your PC or Finder on Mac and then proceed. But first, you should also note that the Checkra1n 0.11.0 currently support the following software:
- Official support for iOS 12.0 – 13.7
- Official support for iOS/tvOS 14.0 (A8(X)-A9(X) running iOS and iPadOS; all tvOS devices are supported)
- Official support for Apple TV 4K breakout boards (Standard and Advanced)
Supported devices include:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
Following devices aren’t currently supported but will be in a future update to checkra1n:
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
With all that out of the way, lets see how you can use checkra1n to jailbreak iOS 14 on a compatible device:
1. Go to Checkra1n website and download the latest version of the jailbreak tool.
2. Then find the DMG file on your computer and drag it into your Application folder.
3. Then hope it doesn’t say “application isn’t trusted/ isn’t supported” otherwise you can proceed to the fourth step.
- Head into the System Preferences app and find the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the Checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
4. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
5. Tap on the Start button in the Checkra1n application then select Ok.
6. Click on Next and follow the instructions on screen. The application will put your device into the DFU mode meanwhile this will depend on what device you’re trying to jailbreak.
7. Jailbreaking process starts when Checkra1n detects that your device is in DFU mode and that will cause your iPad/iPhone to reboot multiple times.
8. At the end of the process, then unplug your device and launch the Checkra1n app on your iPhone
9. The next is to click on Cydi and click on install in order to complete the process which will bring on the Cydia store to the device and that is how to jailbreak an iOS 14 and iPadOS 14.