Apple inc won’t retreat or surrender with current battle over “Backdoor” system for government’s easy access to Syed Farook’s iPhone 5C. Apple CEO Tim Cook had made it known that the FBI should withdraw from this demand saying the debate over the encryption, privacy and national security matters ought to be planned out by commission of experts. The Tech company reaffirmed it’s resistance to the court’s order on its Q&A page right on their official website.
An internal memo which was gotten by Buzzfeed News narrates how Cook had thanked all Apple’s, employees for their support and outlined the company’s position against the orders which he had called “a dangerous precedent that threatens everyone’s civil liberties.” On its Q&A page, the company said it would “gladly participate” in a congressional hearing on the matter.
“We feel the best way forward would be for the government to withdraw its demands under the All Writs Act and, as some in Congress have proposed, form a commission or other panel of experts on intelligence, technology and civil liberties to discuss the implications for law enforcement, national security, privacy and personal freedoms,
The only way to guarantee that such a powerful tool isn’t abused and doesn’t fall into the wrong hands is to never create it
Tim Cook wrote.
Just this past week in a federal court did a judge ordered the Company to unlock the San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook’ iPhone 5C since the Federal Bureau had suggested that information on Farook’s iPhone could be vital to the investigation so they could know who he had been communication with prior to the attack that claimed the lives of 14 people in a mass shooting last December. But Apple has so far refused to comply with the demand on the grounds that it would jeopardize the privacy and security of all iPhone users.
Although Apple had stated that its technically possible for the company to agree with the order but it would require that the company redevelop an new “operating system to undermine our security features as the government wants.” As Apple had stated.
The software would make I phones vulnerable to Brute Force attacks and could help the government to conduct broader surveillance in the future which would jeopardize citizen’s right of privacy.
“The only way to guarantee that such a powerful tool isn’t abused and doesn’t fall into the wrong hands is to never create it,”
Although FBI officials have downplayed Apple inc’s concerning as suggesting that the company uses the current issue to promote their brand as security powerful.
“We don’t want to break anyone’s encryption or set a master key loose on the land,”
FBI Director James Comey wrote in a blog post yesterday Sunday, also adding that the privacy issue shouldn’t be determined by “corporations that sell stuff for a living.”
Apple contest that argument on its Q&A page as follow
“Law enforcement agents around the country have already said they have hundreds of iPhones they want Apple to unlock if the FBI wins this case.”
While the issue boils up higher, there was then an interview recently with Charlie Rose, Manhattan district attorney Cyrus R. Vamxe Jr. was questioned
“If there is access to this phone, you want access to all those phones that you think are crucial in a criminal proceeding?”
According to The New York Times, Vance responded:
But whoever is right wouldnt after but the security issue could soon turn chaotic and get more out of hand since likes of Donald Trump had intervened stating that all Apple’s product should be Boycotted until the company complies and also threatens to stop using his own iPhone should the company keep resisting the state law.